Tuesday 9 November 2010

Oxford English Dictionary New Words Brief

My final first year project.

Every year the Oxford English Dictionary release some new words. Our job was to select one or several words and make people aware of the new meanings. I decided to make a few short animations that would typographically use the word to express its own meaning.

My words were
Hooptie - a broken down old car
Foofaraw - a big fuss over something small
Cruciverbalist - a word game enthusiast

I had tried out a few things on Flash briefly before in workshops, so I wanted to tackle it in this project. I actually surprisingly enjoyed it!



(Apologies for the inconsistencies in size - they are all supposed to be the same but one of them would not successfully upload on you tube, hence this different file.)



No comments: