Thursday 18 August 2011

Work Experience at Cube 3

As part of my work experience placements this summer I went back to Cube3, who during the last year have moved to their new offices in the centre of Manchester! This is the third time I've been to Cube - the first time being when I was fifteen, way back before I knew much about Graphic Design! They made me feel like part of the team and definitely allowed me to be even more involved with everything they had on those few weeks. 

One project I was involved in, was an infographic project for Cube themselves to use to demonstrate visually the process they go through in a brief to prospective clients. Alongside Tom, we created this diagram which shows clearly the flow in the creative process. I got to do most of the illustrations, something which I really enjoy doing. 









One other project I was given was to produce a  pitch document that they would then pitch to prospective client 'Glendale'. Glendale are a national company who provide services in the environmental sector, including grounds management, horticulture, and even golf site management - a main feature of these we decided being 'grass'! Glendale wanted a new company brochure / folder that could house other case studies and brochures, so for the first pitch we decided to present them with the unusual prospect of having artificial grass on the front of the folder to really make a tactile impact and go with their strapline 'a deeper green'. This would make them really standout in their sector! One concept had a cut out hole through which you could see the grass, something which would further emphasis the idea of a 'deeper' green. I also wanted to incorporate the swoosh of the existing glendale logo and so that can be seen throughout the concepts. 








No comments: