Tuesday 17 May 2011

Renaming Ian Anderson

A while back, designer Ian Anderson (Designers Republic) set us a brief to rename him, and create an A1 poster explaining why. He then picked some of us to participate in a workshop which I was lucky enough to be chosen for! During my research on him, I found there were a lot more google results for lead flute player of Jethro Tull, also named Ian Anderson, as well as a few others with the same name. As Ian Anderson's design work stands out so much, I decided that his name should not result in any of these 'mix ups' and decided to announce a 'big name mix up' where the letters of Ian's named were mixed up to form his new name. And I was also hoping he would find my modified image of him playing the flute instead of Jethro Tull rather amusing!





No comments: