Tuesday 17 May 2011

FLUX magazine project

We were given a few of the features for the upcoming Flux magazine to experiment with for magazine spreads. For once, I wanted to try be a bit more hands on for this project - it's been a while since I've got off the computer! So I tried out some things with creating my own type, and type within images. I'm not going to lie, I still used the computer for some bits, but at least the aesthetic is a bit of a change for me! I'm also going to try and get into photography a bit more, so I tried a couple of fashion shoots - one just a fashion editorial, and another a Pina Bausch inspired dance/fashion shoot. I think there's still a lot that could be worked on - wish I'd given myself more time too, but I enjoyed the change and the challenge, and think some of my pieces give interesting results!


Fashion Designer ANN DEMEULEMEESTER




Composer PHILIP GLASS





Film Director FEDERICO FELLINI





Choreographer PINA BAUSCH - Here, the mud letters are based on her dance piece, Rite of Spring, performed on a stage covered in dirt.





Pina Inspired shoot.









Fashion Editorial
    







No comments: